Monday, June 25, 2007

New Architecture!



So, these last two weeks I've been slipping at the whole post-frequency. Believe me, I'm not happy about it either. This summer has been extremely routine and repetitive in terms of what I do and when I do it. It's not like I have a shortage of free time, but since it is broken up by activities, I've been hard-pressed to motivate myself to really do anything. But oh well I guess.

One of the things that has definitely put a bright spot on my summer so far is the upcoming album from everyone's favorite australian octet, Architecture In Helsinki. The new album, Places Like This, is due out in August. It is the band's third LP and so far, at least from the couple of weeks that I have had it, it is my favorite. (Yes, I got the leaked version. Can you blame me? But don't think I won't be standing in line for it on that day in August.)

The band's sound in the old days was considerably more playful than the more recent work. The poppiness and multiple vocals have remained, but now they come with a certain earnestness in the music. This is most demonstrated on the excellent kind of bridge in "Heart It Races" when the female vocalist starts shouting what i thiiink is "How To Miss Someone." Correct me if I'm wrong. In any case, that part gives me chills everytime I hear it, and it's that kind of thing that has really made this album. The release is solid from top to bottom with it's playfully-earnest sincerety. Today I have the single as-is for you, as well as a remix by Yacht, which is in my opinion the best of the ones out there right now. As always, if you like what you do be hearing, go ahead and meander over here to fill up that record collection.

Architecture In Helsinki-Heart It Races
Architecture In Helsinki-Heart It Races (Yacht's Remix)

Bonus mp3s! I also have to mp3s from 2006's remix album, We Died, They Remixed. It is a sin how playful they are.

Architecture In Helsinki-It'5 (33hz & Ming Mix)
Architecture In Helsinki-Wishbone (Franc Tetaz Mix)

No comments: