Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Hello.



So, the new Bright Eyes album Cassadaga is receiving a whole mess of press. Rightfully so, considering the quality of the album and considering how hyped it has been in the last few months. Thankfully, I think we can say that the album hasn't been a victim of too much hype, like what happened to Bloc Party's sophomore effort, Weekend in the City. So much hype was created for the follow up to the hit Silent Alarm that anything even different from their debut would be bashed, which is what happened.

I think the reason that this has not happened to Cassadaga is the fact that for months people have known that it would have a country feel and therefore did not expect anything in particular. The album was received with open arms for the most part, debuting at #4 on the Billboard 200. Right now for me, it is their second best album, after the emotionally bare Fevers and Mirrors. Buy some of their stuff here.

Now, I leave you with mp3s. The first is my favorite from Cassadaga, followed by a song in which I believe Conor Oberst was 15 during the recording of. Naturally, it is raw emotionally, like the final track, from Fevers and Mirrors.

Bright Eyes-If The Brakeman Turns My Way
Bright Eyes-A Line Allows Progress, A Circle Does Not

Bright Eyes-The Calender Hung Itself

No comments: